Spotlight Education Program
Perpich Center for Arts Education and Hennepin Theatre Trust are excited to co-present a professional development workshop designed specifically for theatre educators across the state! Workshop highlights include:
- Presentations by professional directors and K-12 theatre teachers on topics ranging from selecting a script, enhancing the rehearsal process, building professional and production resources through networking, and addressing issues of diversity in the field
- A new theatre education mentorship program
- A meet-and-greet dinner with local performers and fellow theatre teachers
- Tickets to see the Disney’s The Lion King at the Orpheum Theatre
- Professional Development Clock Hours
2015-2016 Spotlight Education Fall Honors by School
This year’s 2015 Spotlight Education fall honorees for students and productions have been announced. Read the complete list of recognitions.
Support your local Spotlight school at their Spring '16 Productions
Become a Spotlight School!
Registration is open to be a Spotlight Education school. We have extended the 2015-16 deadline to October 10 - register today!
Become a Spotlight Evaluator!
Interested in joining the Spotlight Resource Team? The application is available now - October 6, with training happening in October. If you have any questions please contact Kelli Foster Warder, Education Manager via email or by calling 612.455.9531.
Spotlight Showcase, which highlights the hard work and talents of the state’s finest musical theatre students and programs, will be held on Sunday, June 12 and Monday, June 13, 2016 at the State Theatre.