Donors Make the Difference!
Hennepin Theatre Trust is the 501(c)(3) owner of the State, Orpheum, Pantages and New Century Theatres. Ticket sales alone do not allow the Trust to fully realize our multi-faceted mission and continue operating and programming our three historic theatres. We rely on your support not only to assist us in paying for labor, artists fees, maintenance and operating costs, but to engage the community with programs that educate and challenge, as well as to entertain the public with a broad array of performing arts events.
You can support the Trust's efforts in a variety of ways:
Contributions allow Hennepin Theatre Trust to:
- Maintain and preserve the Trust’s three historic Hennepin Avenue theatres: the State, Orpheum, and Pantages and the newly developed New Century Theatre
- Program our stages with high quality productions from touring Broadway to a range of music, comedy, dance and speakers
- Deliver education and community engagement opportunities including the Spotlight Musical Theatre Program for high schools and the Access Program to enable a broader range of people to attend live performances
- Lead initiatives to foster the ongoing evolution of Hennepin Avenue, the Hennepin Theatre District and downtown Minneapolis as a vital, inviting center of cultural activity and entertainment
Did you know?
- A single LED light in the Pantages marquee costs $25 to replace, and there are 1,000s of lights in all three marquees.
- Recent Orpheum lobby renovations included upgraded service stations and improvements in heating and air conditioning which exceeded $1.5 million! All three theatres require constant attention to remain active.
- The Trust is collecting the stories of generations of theatergoers to preserve their experiences with our theatres and share with the public through a filmed documentary. We have just begun to raise the $150,000 in start-up costs!